Regarding Dubai tour activities, dhows rank near the top of the list for enjoyment and relaxation. Aboard a dhow cruise in Dubai, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of this fantastic harbor city while indulging in sumptuous Middle Eastern cuisine and traditional music performances. However, there are some things about dhow cruises that many tourists don't know until they're on board. Here are ten tricks about Dubai dhow cruises you wish you had learned.
1. Not all dhows offer the same services:
While most Private Dhow Cruise Dubai provides similar experiences, some offer unique services. For example, some dhows have a swimming pool on board while others have a bar or lounge area. Be sure to ask about the services offered before booking your cruise. Besides this, the prices also vary from dhow to dhow.
2. The best time to book is in advance:
If you're planning on going on a dhow cruise in Dubai, booking your tickets in advance is best. This is especially true if you're visiting during the high season, which runs from October to April. You will not only avoid the rush but also get a better price. However, if you're visiting during the low season, you can usually get away with booking your tickets a few days in advance.
3. The earlier you board, the better the view:
If you want to get the best views of Dubai, it's advisable to board the dhow cruise early. This is because the dhows are usually moored at the starting point for a while before they set sail. So, if you're one of the first passengers to board, you'll be able to enjoy the views of Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach, and other landmarks for a more extended period.
4. Get a window seat:
If you want to make the most of the views, get a window seat on the dhow. This way, you'll see all the different landmarks and sights as you cruise along. Besides this, be on the lookout for traditional dhows as you make your way through the harbor. In addition, keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and other marine life!
5. Take your time:
There's no need to hurry while you're on the dhow cruise. This is a time to relax and enjoy the scenery. The cruise will last for several hours, so sit back, enjoy the ride, and take in the sights of Dubai. However, if you want to get up and explore, there are plenty of things to do on the dhow. So, take your time, and enjoy the cruise.
6. Dress is most essential:The dhow cruise is a casual affair, so there's no need to dress up. Most people onboard dress comfortably in shorts and t-shirts. However, if you're planning to head ashore after the cruise, it's a good idea to bring a change of clothes. So, while dhow cruise is casual, it's still important to dress appropriately.
7. You can bring your own food and drink:If you're on a budget or have dietary restrictions, you can bring your food and drink onto the dhow. But before bringing your drink and food you should check whether it is allowed or not. In addition, some cruises may charge a corkage fee. However, this is usually nominal and is worth it to save on the cost of food and drink on board.
8. You might get serenaded:If you're lucky, you might get serenaded by one of the musicians on board during your dhow cruise in Dubai. It's a special treat you'll remember long after the cruise. However, don't be surprised if you're asked to sing along. Besides this, you can also enjoy the traditional music and dance performances that are often part of the entertainment on board.
9. You can haggle for souvenirs:The souvenir shops on board the dhow cruise are usually well-stocked with items such as keychains, magnets, and postcards. However, many tourists don't realize they can haggle for these items. You can get great deals on souvenirs if you're good at bargaining. In addition, the shopkeepers are usually very friendly and are more than happy to chat with tourists about their experiences in Dubai.
10. Dhow cruises make for great photo opportunities:If you're a photography enthusiast, you'll be glad to know that dhow cruises offer plenty of great photo ops. From the stunning skyline of Dubai to the close-up views of dhows and other vessels in the harbor, there's plenty to snap away at while you're on board. Just be sure to bring along your best camera gear. Other than this, there are no specific photography tips to keep in mind.
Dhow cruises in Dubai are a great way to see the city from a different perspective while enjoying traditional Middle Eastern cuisine and music. These ten tricks you should know before going on a dhow cruise will help you make the most of your experience. So, next time you're in Dubai, keep these tricks in mind and enjoy your dhow cruise to the fullest.
Post a Comment